Friday 21 March 2014

Draft Evaluation- Q1

1. In what way does you media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?(I.e music magazines)


 For the title of my magazine I wanted to create something unique and linked to music, after doing research I came across Octave which is a musical term meaning a series of eight notes occupying the interval between two notes, one having twice of half the frequency of vibration of the other. I believe this matches the genre of my magazine because of the uniqueness, which is the main idea of being Indie.
 Conducting an audience research on UK tribes it gave me ideas for the clothing in which i needed my model to wear on the shoot and cover of the magazine. As the genre was indie and this is quite simplistic I felt that i didn't need to use any props, however i chose for my model to wear a leather jacket, this is in my genres everyday clothes.
 As part of my research i looked at different photographers that I could mimic their work. After the research I looked at which one would be more suited, Terry Richardson's work used an over exposure and silly, fun poses. I wanted to convey this idea in my final product, Terry used mid shots of the people he is using, most magazines use the mid shot to get a clear image of the artist. I took this into consideration and did the same as I felt this would be best.
 After looking at magazines that i liked, i came across Q magazine that used quite a simple layout and colour scheme. The red square with the 'Q' was eye catching, however i didn't want to copy another magazine out there, so instead i chose to use the whole of my title name in red. I feel like this was the best option as its simple but the red would catch peoples eyes on the shelf. The font i used for the title was penelope anne. This was different to the research i had conducted, this was because i found a internet site called dafont and realised you could download fonts from there.



 My model used a similar pose to Robbie's edition on 'Q' magazine. The pose was silly and unique and this is what i wanted my magazine to be like. I chose to use the bar at the top of my magazine as many magazines done do this. Other elements i used from this addition are the red, grey and black colour scheme. However, i chose to do only one side of the contents of the edition as this is where most people would look first when the magazine is picked up. 

My double page spread also uses the same context as Q magazine with the letter behind the text. I chose to use this as i already knew it worked this would create a successful magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment