Friday 17 January 2014

Photographers

Terry Richardson 




I love Terry's work for the minimalist effect and natural look it gives to the people he is shooting. The over exposure looks really effective and creates beautiful images. The white background creates a simplistic look. It helps you focus more on the person he is photographing. This would be a good technique to use for my magazine as i want the artist to be the main focus of the cover. Anais Pouliot's picture is one of my favorites because of the bright red lips and smoky eye effect. Even though she is wearing makeup it looks natural and minimalist, which is a key design to indie magazines.  The close up on her face reveals all the small details that you can miss when the photographer is using a long shot or mid shot.



VIKTOR VAUTHIER 



Viktor works mostly along side fashion. His images reflect this as they use fashion items in the photos. I like his pictures because of the fashion side. I could use his technique in my photography as the indie genre care about their fashion. His images are colorful which catches peoples eyes. This is also another technique that i could use on the cover of my magazine. The brighter the magazine is on the shelf the more attention it will get, enticing the reader to buy it. My favorite image from this moodbaord is the bottom left one, even though it is'nt bright but gloomy it still looks really good, it also has an element of indie in as she is wearing the cross. Her make up really stand out and the position of her hair creates a good picture.

MICHAEL THOMPSON 








Like Viktors work Michael works with fashion, This would be useful for my magazine for the same reason. However his photographs are not in my genre of fashion and photography so his techniques wouldn't be suitable for my magazine. How ever i do like the second image along on the top row, it creates an element of innocence using the pale and pastel colour pallet, using a contrast of dark make up draws attention to her eyes

1 comment: